Skip to content
- Map out a route in advance to your preference. This can be done with GPS capable watch. If you do not have a GPS capable watch a free online tool can be found at the following link: https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/create/
- Have someone meet you for aid stations or set up some of your own. Plan the route so it goes by your house a few times. Create a water station in your front yard. Consider carrying your own nutrition and water. One benefit of running virtually is that you design your course.
- If possible, run with a friend for safety, while practicing proper social distancing.
- While the marathon race clock doesn’t stop, a virtual race is your run. You set the rules. If you want to stop the clock for stoplights, water breaks, or visiting a convenience store, do so.
- Check the weather forecast in advance for storms (you will be out there for a while and don’t want to get caught in something severe).
- If practical, bring a cell phone with you in case you need assistance.
- Have your training runs reflect the conditions of the route you will run on race day.
- Have a place to go to the bathroom on the route.
- Have some method of keeping time while running to help meet your desired goal time.
- Make a chalk finish line at the end so you can celebrate!